Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Big Dogs

I wish I were a big dog.  In this picture, I am the little one.


The difference?

Well, the big dog does not make his own coffee, there is a paid intern for that.  He has no need for going to each and every networking event because he has a sales force now.  Who needs a fax?  Oh, I'll have, insert employee name here, handle that.  The big dog does not handle his own social media content.  They hire a firm for that too.  A big dog would never have to clean the employee restrooms, manage payroll and write the marketing plan all in the same day.

I am a little dog.

I am eating my kibble and growing everyday but I am still using the little doggy door to come inside.  Most of the local big dogs were small once too.  I keep telling myself that as I spend time developing my business.  I look up to the big dogs.  I am lucky to have called some of them my friends.  The funny thing about the really good ones' is they want to see everyone succeed too! 

I am a hands on person and it's a good thing because my hands are literally on every aspect of my business.  At this stage of the game, I enjoy my tweeps, fans and all of the local business owners I am able to meet.  Networking events are good for networking and even better for building relationships.  I suspect that in ten years time I will have made some very interesting friends.  I also suspect that in ten years time I will be a medium sized dog helping a little dog.  I look forward to it.

Until then, I'll see you at the dog park.

All this talk about dogs has me thinking about Annabelle's.  The next Great Small Business Adventure post?  

Take a minute and vote for the next small business blog posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment